Yay! It is Sam again! I am giving facts for Venus flytraps. We have a Venus flytrap named Jaws.
Sam's Writing Tip: Not everything you find on the Internet is true. Research different sites. For example, Sweet Search is a good place to begin. It is a database where everything is checked to be true.
Here are six facts about Venus flytraps:
- Another name for a Venus flytrap is Dionaea muscipula. (say die-oh-nee-ah-mus-se-pew-uh-lu)
- People are making robot Venus flytraps.
- A Venus flytrap is a carnivorous plant (meaning it can eat meat).
- Venus flytraps come from North and South Carolina.
- My favorite carnivorous plant is a Venus flytrap.
- Venus flytraps go dormant for three months, December, January, and February. You do not need to make them hibernate in the refrigerator.
|My Venus flytrap, Jaws, is healthy.|
If you like my writing tips, you can sign up for my posts to be emailed to you above the Lego Me!
PS -- If one of the flytraps is 100% black, cut it off with a pair of scissors.